Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What immediately screams "tosser" to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nicks delight

Anyone that believe killing Irish cows will stop climate change and think we should eat bugs instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

There's already 1.8 million cattle slaughtered each year in Ireland, it's crazy that they would consider increasing it.

How much do they plan on increasing it by?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nicks delight

Lol.. Irish time yesterday....Government will pay farmers to kill 200.000 of their cows and give them compensation... They want farmer to produce less meat, and less cow farts..lol. I stand with the farmers, be it Irish or Dutch farmers. Irish food production is one really important industry.

Killing cows will do nothing for the weather or the land. One trip with Stena line will pollute more than an entire year of 200.000 cows farting.

That's my story and I stick by it...lol. Meat is good, processed food is bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Fully fledged tosser, I’m afraid, has the big ‘biscuit tin’ head on him too, in case of any doubt.

All that’s missing is the pool of pïss underneath him, and a Liverpool top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Spot the salty fan 😂 You do know there are more Liverpool fans in Ireland than any other club, so I highly doubt United doing well will hinder the LOI which has only gotten better since Delaney fecked off but yeh lets blame United being shite on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ah, no salt here, Pixie. And there’s, certainly, no blame. I actually hope they have a dud season next year just so the fickle ex-fans, who stopped following them in the bad times, don’t suddenly reappear cheering them on while neglecting the LoI side, usually Rovers or Bohs, they’ve “adopted” as their own.

Not sure what Liverpool have to do with it, I’m not a fan of theirs. I did admire their style of play for awhile but I think everyone did. I wouldn’t have thought they’d be the most supported club over here anymore but, I guess, their Irish fans stood by them while they were in the “doldrums”.

The better supported the LoI gets the better it is for Irish soccer. If the throngs of ex-United fans suddenly leave the terraces and head back to the pub with their black, Sharp sponsored, United jerseys bet onto them it would be devastating for the LoI.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

You're still blaming United over dwindling attendances when it was all down to Delaney(The ultimate tosser) You absolutely are a Liverpool fan don't be lying 😂

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hardly shite. Are they not one of the top 10 teams on Earth? Top 20 at worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

People with their work swipe cards dangling off their necks, visible at all times, tuck it in you mong. 

Been awful compared to the Fergie days, over spending on players that aren't worth it (Maguire) No league title in 10 years etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I don’t think you’re following me, dude. I’m blaming the “surge” in attendances at LoI matches on their fickle ex-fans deserting them after they were muck for a number of years.

Certainly, Delaney was a big part of the problem but crowd “trouble”, and fan violence, before or after games also played a part. Hopefully, the game will continue to grow but, when it comes down to it, a “highflying” Man United is bad for the LoI. Fickle, fair weather, fans are never a good base.

I’ve stated where my allegiances lie, on numerous “occasions”, on this site previously. And it is not Liverpool. I’ve followed them through think and thin, and will continue to do so as that’s what real fans do. They don’t hide when a rival side starts doing better or simply stop following their old team and take up another citing mealy mouthed “excuses” for doing it.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

I 100% am following you, you are saying LOI attendances have improved because United have been awful that's just a ridiculous statement, United being more successful makes it harder to get tickets as we've seen with Liverpool recently, LOI is mostly Friday nights at a low cost compared to weekends in England, if anything City being more successful gaining new younger fans from here and now Newcastle too will hinder LOI. It's clear you are just an ABU, the soccer forum is a better place for this but unfortunately I'm banned from there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Mod:-

Can we get back on to the topic of tossers, perchance? 👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭KevMayo88

Bascially any of these leftie Climate Change lunatics who buy into that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Probably mentioned in previous pages....but the high revving of a mid 2000's reg. car, whilst waiting in traffic or at a car park, with the loud exhaust - just to attract attention and show any woman in the vicinity that you are the alpha male in the area, and said women would be lucky to have the driver even glance in their direction - when in fact everyone in the area is mortified for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,544 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You can be sure such individuals will tick several other of the tosser conditions mentioned on the thread too.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

A few years ago I had to unexpectedly get a flight to Portugal as my father got sick and was in hospital ....he's fine.

On the flight over I was sitting beside these two women heading over for a few days.

One of them was dressed sort of hippish....long flowy dress......look at me ....I'm in touch with mother nature

She kept going on about the beautiful organic chicken she got and all the organic vegetables....."organic" was used many many times.

She also kept using the word "grá" which I despise hearing

A triple tosser

Seeing this a lot with motorbikes too, I love a good bike but please I like my hearing better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,303 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I remember seeing a guy revving and doing a burn off at traffic lights last year, he was around 40 and was doing it to impress these 3 teenagers who were about 13 and standing nearby. I was so embarrassed for him. They seemed to think it was pretty cringy as well by their reaction. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Experienced this 3 times in the last week since the sun has come out....

Geebags sitting around or even walking carrying a blueetooth speaker blasting out their absolute shite music at full volume.

One lad carrying a speaker that was (no exaggeration) 3 feet tall

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Close to a thousand parking spaces in Marlay Park, but there’s one tosser who decides to park on the footpath.

Tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Cant decide if this is a bit sad or potential tosser...

Calling a girl Naas (Nace) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭purpleshoe

The work colleagues who see the workplace as an extended family, and truly believe it as fun fun fun place to be.

They can't go a day without calling out someone for doing a great job on some very trivial task. If you were not aware of what the trivial task entailed, you would think that the person being called out moved heaven and earth to get it done.

The same work colleague will have their off-the-shelf go to phrases; thought provoking, so powerful, thanks for sharing, so insightful, culture champion. They are the type of work colleague who despite being Irish behave and act like they are from California.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Those fohherking traffic announcers on RTE

Can someone not teach them how to speak correctly before going on national radio funded by the taxpayer.

Nooze

To- woards

Chapelizard

Dunkeddle roundabout

Moanivey

Can someone not try to teach these tossers how to speak correctly.?.

Yeah I can't stand people whose surname is a country. He's not even Spanish ffs

• Advertisement

Yes there is a pattern - I will give an exception to Kathy Ireland though!

Advertisement