Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What immediately screams "tosser" to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭tastyt

Anyone that people describe as “ they are grand , once you get to know them”

No that just means they’re a tosser but you’ll get used to it .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People with Irish regs but yellow rear plates, seems to be a Donegal thing.

Boy racers esp. those driving sh1tboxes with huge windscreen stickers, windscreens with that stupid red tint you can't see through from the outside, edgy stickers with 'classy' content, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

Jessica Fletcher wannabes trying to solve the disappearance of Nicola Bulley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

People like that liver king guy.

Absolute tosspot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Yes it does ! (but not inside as far as I know ) you know the ones I mean I'd imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,303 ✭✭✭pgj2015

People who put on an act, just fcukin be yourself ffs. I remember this lad a few years ago, dressed exactly like mcgregor, same beard clothes, no socks etc he was a friend of a friend, I couldnt bring myself to talk to him, the time I met him in a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,303 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Car drivers who burn off at lights, saw a guy around 40 do it lately, he did it in front of a group of teenagers, He nearly fcuked up his clutch id say and probably needed new tyres after it, I cringed so hard, like ok if you are 18 but I mean you are 40, grow up. It was a Subaru Impreza or something but still you should have enough cop on at this stage, I wonder will he still be at the same carry on at 50?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

Ciara Kelly - the other day, when talking about the eurovision, she said "we haven't won it in donkey's". She didn't bother to complete the phrase. I found that a bit of a cringe. Maybe I'm nit picking on that, but I know she's a tosser anyway.

Oh, and monster can drinkers. They have to be the most likely people to leave their can behind on a train or bus, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

People who use their babies and kids to sell themselves online and in advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Social influencers!

”Today I’m getting dressed..I’m wearing a cashmere sweater from xxxxxx , I’m pairing it with my birkin Kelly”… they forget to say they have cheap knickers on! Even worse, the guys that do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Qŵèrþÿ

The winter sun in Northern European latitudes, ie, Ireland, will burn your retinas off and come back for your brain.

It’s lethal whilst driving, especially at certain times.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Deregos.

People here on boards who put "funny quotes" in their signatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

Lived with a guy in college who had an Irish name.

A woman came to the door asking is X was there. I said on one by that name lives here.

Then I realised she meant my house mate.

She referred him to his birth name (in english) but he referred to himself in his Irish name.

She was his mother

Post edited by micar on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Top knots ,vegans and wearing sliders in the gym!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭stabeek

In literal terms: someone squealing

Luis Tosár

(Spanish actor with huge eyebrows).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The idiom is well enough known to have made its way into dictionaries. Once you understood what she meant, no harm done and no need to cringe.

in donkeys

In an exceptionally long period of time. The phrase likely originated as the rhyming slang, shortened to simply "donkeys," of "donkey's ears" —where "ears" rhymes with "years" and alludes to the length of a donkey's ears.

I haven't seen Jim in donkeys! How's he doing these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Pronouns in Bio

self declared male feminists

mask wearing while walking in open air

users of woke terms like POC or CIS

When someone makes an unsolicited opinion about somebody else's flaw / antics / behaviour especially when this is unrelated to the rest of the smalltalk chatter.

Happening a lot more now after the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Calling a pint by anything other than it's name.

"Pint of genius there barman"

I hope he **** in your glass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

fella in my job drinks 3 or 4 cans a day of it, he spends half the day in the jacks his insides must be in bits

• Registered Users Posts: 14,570 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

• Registered Users Posts: 20,115 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Gender pronouns on Linkedin or email signatures

Really sporty sunglasses when no engaged in a sporting activity (white oakleys with blue lenses)

Male man bun

Turned up jeans, buy them the right size or pay someone to tailor them

Being rude to any sort of waiting staff

Suits with really short jackets and trousers

i'm sure more will come to me

• Registered Users Posts: 20,115 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Pint of probs there bar keep

usually followed by the word chief somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

People who wear shoes with metal toe caps. Surely, their main purpose is just to say "Look at me! I'm here wearing horseshoes so you can hear me coming!".

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

To me, it usually signals they're Sinn Fein supporters.

People spitting for no apparent reason

Unwelcome touching

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

People that go around thinking they know everything.

Currently working with someone and there's nothing they don't know.

Except their little rant about social housing and people who don't work and are good for nothing. I turned around to them and said that I earn the exact same as them and I was entitled to have my name on the social housing list. They said that was different because I work. Well, it's not different to the councils, it's their job to provide housing, it doesn't matter if you don't work, it's not their job to the job of the department of social protection and get people out to work. And how exactly is it different, do people who don't work, are they not entitled to a roof over their head.

Absolute tosser and they can fúck off with all their "knowledge" that isn't even right.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

People that were their company logo clothes on their day off.

Advertisement