Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

.204 Ruger

• 10-02-2023 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭

Anyone using the .204 Ruger for foxes, I would much appreciate your opinions.

Is the ammo readily available in Ireland.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭BSA International

My brother has one since they were introduced. Great round on foxes. Clean kills. Flat trajectory. Good selection of ammo readily available. No cheap ammo like available for .223 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Foxes? I researched this to death a while back and ended up with a 222.

I use 40g only, and haven't missed one (last shot also hit one of my hens in foxes belly🤣).

Ammo no bother to find, typically €30 a box.

I was put off the 204 as other GC members had them, and they had very long barrels and iffy accuracy.

The 223 is the sensible choice, but I wanted something that I could "see" impact through scope, and a little different.

Well happy with it.

FWIW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭leupold90

Switched from a .223 to .204

I much prefer the .204 - very flat shooting and virtually no recoil which makes it easier to see impact. For me, it's just a more pleasant round to shoot than the .223.

Ammo-wise you'll be limited to the 32gr or 40gr. Mine shoots either but I prefer the 40gr. Most places have the 32gr. 40gr is harder to get at the moment.

Advertisement