Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the point?

Options
12345679»

Comments

Some men don't like it when women become uppity and speak out against denial of biology and its ramifications for sport, prison and healthcare ("Karens" is the thick-as-a-sh1t-sandwich expression for dummies that they use). And they bully - yes bully - those women. No pretending that it's just dislike of being "disagreed with" (that applies to them actually) will change that. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Pull the other one, there are multiple examples in this thread of completely unnecessary digs at the posters and some serious poisoning of various wells. Should we quote a few of them?

You are a referee that is currently engaged in a running battle with the players and are taking potshots at them despite supposedly being the man in charge.

Frankly I'm surprised one of the other mods hasn't advised you to stop responding for a while instead of repeatedly fanning the flames.

End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I gave you the benefit of the doubt in AH when you acknowledged the other threads shouldn't have been closed, but then you went straight for the woke thread.

Maybe reflect on this - has any other new mod attracted this much attention and debate? If not, why not?

I haven't complained about any other mod in this thread, in fact, I've said the rest of the AH mods cmods are grand so I'm not just raging against the machine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Ramona Lively Pension for your own sake stop engaging with the thread.

The thread will naturally quieten down.

There really isn't much else you can add.

You went on a spree of closing threads and people are reacting.

There's not much more you can add until mods/cmods whoever else is reviewing the woke thread makes a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

You need to learn when to hold up your hands and admit when you’ve made a mistake.

You dun goofed, as the kids say. Just take it easy with the closing of threads and don’t do any modding work for a thread you’ve already been a regular poster in and it’ll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Wow that confirms for me the reason the thread was closed.

No I understand Ramona Lively Pension being defensive - I've been there as a mod too - and I think what needed to be said has been said. We're at the point now where the trolling/misrepresenting has started.

But really, open the thread and a lot of the air will be cleared. I don't even post on that thread but I get why it was just wrong to do that to a long running and popular thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

this is good advice for any mod - except when their convenient forgetfulness renders them a handy bout of amnesia in regards to their posting habits.

Such amnesia is only applicable to squirming mods, and not users in helpdesk or dispute resolution though. No, the heirarchy will alway assume the very worst about them, but stick up for their own cabal

Because they have the right opinions. Tide is turning though. 😉

I mean it goes right back to a previous regime here on Boards.ie where a community manager or some other such gubbins of a jobsworth made it plain that there was some scary infestation of right-wing ideologues on this website that required extermination.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

Hi All,

This is the feedback section. A very small percentage of the content in this thread contains anything that even remotely resembles feedback. Once again a thread has been used as an opportunity for unhelpful back and forth taking pot shots at each other. I made a post in another thread only a couple of weeks ago urging people to "attack the post, not the poster". This is all getting out of hand now.

Allow these reviews to be carried out and whatever the outcome is it should be accepted. That way we can all move on.

Lets leave it here for now. Thanks,

-Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Biased moderation in here is gone to the dogs. Too often mods bring their own bias/views into their moderation. If you're posting with a slant that a mod agrees with then you can get away with an awful lot, including insults etc. If you're on the opposite of the mods own views then bans and warnings get thrown around like confetti. Particularly prevalent in the current affairs section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

In fairness, he has managed to get you and the woke thread regulars to agree on something. That's an achievement in itself.

Back then there were some right psychos though. They set up that Voat thing.

Up to recently though, because of the dominance of one person, it was the crowd at the extreme of the other end who were able to treat the place as a free-for-all for a few years, and those with centrist views (most of us) were grotesquely tarnished, while the former got away with incredible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I see the Woke thread is back open and business as usual which is great, but it hammers home that it didn't need to be closed in the first place.

haha I forgot about the Voat crew god almighty

I must admit, in recent times I've kept away from any content here that's in any way culture war or culture war adjacent, too many righteous blowhards on both sides. They've more in common with each other than they'll ever admit of course.

It is very obvious which way the heriarchy of the place wants to ensure the prevailing sentiment to swing all the same, and god help anyone who dissents

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

Ah Lads come on! This is the feedback thread.

I'm closing this now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement