Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling in Sheep Census.

• 10-02-2023 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Got phonecall from an elderly neighbour yday evening that he needs Census filled up and sent back online.Called over to him last night.He has 2 rams,and 50 mature ewes that lambed last Spring.He has 10 ‘hoggetts’ that were ewe lambs he bought that were born in Spring 2021 but were not put in lamb for last Spring.He has around 20 ewe lambs bought in August that were born last Spring.Hope that makes sense.

I wasn’t sure where to put in the 10 ‘hoggetts’ from last year as on the census form as they are now 2 year olds but didn’t lamb yet iykwim.Said to him I would check here first and fill after that.

My Reading would be to put -

Breeding Ewes over 12 months of age-60 (incl the 10 that didn’t rear a lamb yet)

Breeding rams-2

Remaining Sheep- 20 ewe lambs

Out of all Breeding ewes how many were 2 yrs or older on 31 December-50

Appreciate any replies asap on whether I would be filling out the census correctly with that info in mind.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

yes, fill it out as above, spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Runswithfeet

Thanks that’s good I have it right anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

ill hijack this, will last year sheep census show up online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

It does & years previous to that year too

Advertisement