Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 SSID ON A HG556A (Vodafone)

Options
  • 10-02-2023 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a vodafone HG556A running vodafone broadband.

Been a customer of their s for years and thats the orginal router they sent me , i never bothered asking for a updated model as this one works fine for my needs.

But now i want to have 2 ssid one for the main user and one for a guest , so can i do this on this router or will i have to update the router ,

If i have to update will vodafone send me one for no charge or am i expected to buy it myself , i give them over 100 a month for mobile broadband and house phone , i buy my own handsets (vodafone dont supply them to me so no contract as such) and the router is the only thing i ever got free off them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Does not appear to be option on this model for guest WiFi.

https://www.192-168-1-1-ip.co/manuals/9131.pdf

You could ask VF if they upgrade your router and if they charge you. VF might want you to sign up for contract renewal

You can get dedicated access point that potentialy give you more flexibility for WiFi setup

You can get some standard WiFi router and configure to operate in AP mode for WiFi

Advertisement