Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Internet connections on SIRO

Options
  • 10-02-2023 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi folks.

I currently work from home, and have Siro. The router I have (FritzBox 7530) allows PPPoE pass-through, and I've successfully managed to connect a second router through PPPoE, and it gets assigned a separate IP address as exoected. My question is, does this violate the Siro terms of service at all? I have a need to keep my work connection separate from my home network, so both IP addresses will be in use.

Anyone got any ideas? My ISP's support wasn't much help when I asked.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭RobiePAX

I don't really see why they would care. At the end of the day they provide you internet, and you provide them money in return. Very simple exchange. They do ask you not to do anything illegal with that internet connection and to be reasonable with usage.

Also normally they have to leave a note on your account that you called them and about what. So if anything there is evidence that you tried getting clarity on this, but agents were not able to answer your query. If they'll try to unfairly terminate your service which unlikely to happen, you have that as an argument and potential escalation to ComReg.

Advertisement