Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW24 transfer thread

• 11-02-2023 6:48pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have 2 FTs, can't see Martinelli keeping his place, Trossard has impressed whenever I've seen him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

After the -4 this week I think I'll bank as planning for the blank and doubles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I need to fire up the Excel planner and try to figure out what to do....the next few weeks could be make or break.

Having said that...Wilson out!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭The Guru 123

Was thinking of maybe getting Toney when 27 comes around but just wondering what’s the latest on his gambling ban? Seems to have gone very quiet on that front but just worried I could get him in he’d get banned a day later or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Think I'll roll, but Martinelli's minutes are definitely a worry going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭macraignil

Two free transfers and need to replace some of my team that blank in week 25. Thinking of Fernandes to Bowen.

• Advertisement

I've 2 free transfers and will definitely be using one of them to move Martinelli on. I think DeBruyne might be joining him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Form over fixtures but I don't think I can get rid of KDB before Forest & Bournemouth.

CL might change things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Shedite27

With the Blank/DGW's on the horizon, banking this week to give me a mini-wildcard next week.

Martinelli's minutes are a worry, but with the DGW coming up for him, he's surely gonna get me 2/3 at least in that week, more than can be said for my blanking players.

Bruno - Salah is the move I would have made, but think I prefer Bruno (home to Leicester) over Salah (away to Newcastle)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I wonder if Foden is worth a punt?

Grealish & Mahrez can't play every PL + CL game. very risky, I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Yeah was thinking of getting Mahrez for Miggy but fear the oul Pep Rotation with the CL next week

Any suggestions? 2.4ITB and 1 transfer available

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

5 players with no game next week so I'd look to move on Shaw or Botman

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Anyone considering Watkins for the next few weeks?

Seems like a good option now with Ings gone and no longer going to take away any of his game time and in good form for the last few games. Penciled in as my most likely Nketiah replacement at some point over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,694 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Tell me I'm mad thinking of swapping Mitro for Firminho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Have Southampton got a new manager yet?

Looking ahead for blank gw25 and double 27 I might take a chance on JWP. Maybe worth a transfer next week.

Talks of Harry Redknapp taking Leeds job....will be keeping an an eye on Peter Crouch and Nico Kranjcar as possible differentials in the coming weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Was trying to get my head around the blanks and doubles today and decided I'm going to free hit in GW25 so will be using my fts this week to plan for 27 & 28. Fancy taking a punt on Felix and will probably get Estupinan in as well. Martinelli will be benched until I decide what to do with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Which 2 would you start: White, Trippier, Almiron, Nketiah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just keep an eye on the news there's talk Brighton might lose there double game week because of strikes again! Has me wondering if i should just move away from there players until after there blank next week.

Luke Shaw rising in price ahead of a blank GW 25 and probable blank in GW28 is funny.

2 blanks, Liverpool (a) & Newcastle (a) in the next 6 GWs. Doesn't scream buy to me.

Yeah though I saw somewhere that there was a big University event on the previous date so that made things more difficult for police. Hopefully it will go ahead.

Can Brighton afford another postponement?

The already have to re-arrange their Bournemouth & Newcastle fixtures, and potentially Man Utd & Man City ones due to FA Cup clashes also. Another on top of that would be very tricky to organize. Especially as Crystal Palace already have fixtures during those FA Cup game times.

Now that Shaw has gone up in price and I can pocket a 0.1m profit I am thinking of changing my use of one of the free transfers this week to shipping him out for Kilman. Should give me an extra player for week 25 and since Leicester have scored four in their last two games I'm not convinced Shaw would get a clean sheet before his blank in week 25. Rolling the other free transfer to have two for next week.

I was going to bring in a Chelsea defender this week, as they have Southampton at home and some decent fixtures medium term.

But I'm looking at Trent now instead. Should have got a return last GW, and has an upcoming DGW with some good fixtures. Also, Newcastle are not exactly scoring loads. 3 goals scored in their last 7. It could well be a 0-0 type of game as Newcastle look to stifle. VVD is also back by the looks of things.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭crushproof

No idea if it's too soon to bring Pool players back into the fold.

Could be great, could be terrible.

Arsenal Wolves, Everton Pool...

I have 3 arsenal, Sa, just got in Kilman. Who else do you get for the DGW?

I'm tempted to swap out KDB with Salah for the DGW (as a punt) but no one else is really jumping out at me.

I'm tempted to swap out Mitro for Nunez, but Nunez hasn't been great at all so far.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's definitely risky. I don't want to over commit on Liverpool players either, because of both their form and the risk of the GW 28 game being postponed.

After the red arrow last week, I'm sort of in a position where I need to take a risk perhaps.

All week was going with a Chelsea defender and now this is throwing me.

Struggling to come up with a viable move myself. Need a striker, but see no real stand out candidates who are in okay form, have okay fixtures, and don't blank next week (have Kane and Haaland). Nketiah is a possibility but he's a very short term pick and I'd have to ship out one of my other Arsenal players anyway, meaning I'd have to take a hit to do it all this week.

Looking at a relatively boring transfer. Prob Martinez to Tarkowski and then sets me up with 2 FT's for the following week.

Have jumped up over 1million places the last 3 gameweeks so keen to preserve position.

Nothing really stands out as trying to get at least 11 players for GW25 without taking a hit.

Kepa

Shaw, Trippier, White

Rashford, Almiron, KDB, Mahrez

Haaland, Kane, Nketiah

Subs: Ward, Martinez, Andreas, Bueno.

Same.

Still mulling over Watkins/Felix for Wilson... otherwise I'd be starting Andreas and banking probably with a bench of Wilson 😬, Aurier 😬 and Bueno 😬

Yeah, I've considered both of those too. I heard Felix was very wasteful against Dortmund though, which doesn't fill me with confidence!!

Felix seems like the more exotic hipster choice with a higher ceiling but could also be a gigantic trap.

Getting closer to banking I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭nice bit of green

In Kilman, Maddison & Felix (c) for a -8

Out Anderson, Mahrez & Mitrovic

Team will be

Sa

Kilman, Shaw, Saliba

Madds, Rashford (vc), Saka, Mitoma

Haaland, Kane, Felix (c)

bench of Ward, Martinelli, Bueno, Trippier

Lets go.

Sone talk both Reece James & Thiago Silva are not in Chelsea's squad for tomorrow.

Any thoughts on which 3 to start?

Almiron, Trippier, Tarkowski, White or Bueno.

Leaning towards Trippier & Tarkowski atm but Almiron had a nice goal last week and Bueno at home to BOU. Not sold Arsenal get a CS but Gabriel and Saliba are so heavily owned I feel like I need to start White.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭nice bit of green

Think Bueno has been dropped last 2 games and only came on for a point coz of the sending off last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭mindhorn

1FT and 0.8 ITB. Let the transfer roll over I'm thinking?

• Advertisement

Having a gamble. Taking in Darwin Nunez for Mitro for the next two GWs.

If he scores more than 6 points, I'll be delighted 😂

Went for Felix in the end....guess that makes me an exotic risk taking hipster 😂

Me too, first time I've ever been called a hipster 😂

I've got him in too. Suddenly he's the mainstream choice. 😅

What's that I hear???.....

It's the Felix train 🚂🚂🚂....all aboard 😄

Fwiw I'm zonked on painkillers in A&E (kidney stones...again) so my judgement may be impaired somewhat atm

At least you have an excuse if it goes horribly wrong! A nasty dose, hope you get home soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

João João.

Choo choo in Portuguese.

Yep...it's becoming a semi regular event for me unfortunately....third time in 6 years.

Although playing FPL has helped me compartmentalize the pain and anguish 😆....would not be one bit surprised if Felix is dropped and Wilson rises from the treatment table and scores a hat-trick

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I was coming in to ask about whether to do Martinelli to Odegaard or Gakpo... so why am I suddenly checking the cost of a ticket for the João Felix love train? :)

Must. Resist. Temptation. To. Do. A. Prodston.

Just over 6% ownership for Felix in the top 10k, we'll be laughing if it comes off but I'm preparing myself for disappointment!

• Advertisement
Advertisement