Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Vision Scope?

Options
  • 12-02-2023 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Anyone got one? Any good?

I'm thinking of getting one for my 223.

I'd love a thermal scope but wouldnt spend three grand plus on one...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭BSA International

Got "authorisation" on your licence? If not you'll prob need it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Nosler

I'm actually scottish..

No need for anything on my licence.

I assume your in Scotland too so 😀 welcome to Boards.ie 😉

Old sweat me. Don't see need for all this technology. Good lamp is enough and cheaper, which a Scot, like yourself, would appreciate 😜

Yeah... we were out last weekend.

We saw a fox through the thermal. We put the lamp on, some pigeons in the tree got startled and flew off. This scared the fox off...

If I had a night vision scope it would have been a dead fox...

You really have to try a thermal monocular. It is a complete game changer. You can spend an hour looking at a hillside and see nothing. You use the thermal and see a deer 50 yards away.

Monocular I can see benefit of in conjunction with lamp alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

My bit of advice is to have a dedicated NV setup, rifle and scope. All zeroed in at distance of say 150m, then you can hit anything from 40m out to about 200m, with a very small amount of aim off i.e 20mm up or down.

I used a PARD 008+ for years. Good bit of kit and I took many kills with it. But only as good as the light source you use. Lazer was the best. Sold all my hunting equipment since, too old for the hardship now.

I've been looking at a Pulsar C50. It looks a good bit of kit.

During the day it gives a good image. During twilight it turns dusk into day. At night you get a black and white image.

I've only got one rifle so this scope has to do everything..

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭welsummer

I haven't looked through one yet, but they are suppose to be the best out there for that money, but use a different IR than the one that comes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gapjnr

Had the pard 007 for last 2 years was a good bit of kit but bought a 2nd hand n450 pulsar it's a serious bit of kit..few of the lads have used it and well impressed. if there is any moon or bright night you wouldn't need to turn on the ir at all. I've a 223 just for foxing so wanted a dedicated nv rifle setup so the daytime colour doesnt bother me as have a 243 for deer so put the day scope on it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Paddyviking

A C50 for sale at the moment

Pv

Advertisement