Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cookie and data preferences issue

Options
  • 12-02-2023 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm constantly having to confirm my site preferences for cookies and data. I choose the majority of data requests off and save preferences but still I am regularly asked to confirm my choices (maybe once every 3 days, even less).

I tested this with a different account and choose to agree to all data access requests. With the test account I have not been asked to reconfirm this over the course of two weeks now.

Can you explain why choosing not to allow certain data/cookie access requires constant reconfirmation whereas the opposite doesn't?

Thanks

Beverly Hills, California

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Some (but not all) past examples of this happening were fixed by manually deleting the boards.ie set cookies, causing the site to properly set the cookie the next time. There's no difference based on the data choices that I've ever heard of.

Advertisement