Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic flights in Australia

Options
  • 12-02-2023 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

Over the last ten days I've taken several domestic flights in Australia on a variety of airlines. It's amazing how civilised the experience is compared to what we're used to for short haul in Europe.

• I haven't had to queue more than 90 seconds for security.
    • There are no restrictions on liquids in cabin baggage.
    • There's no problem finding space in an overhead bin because people (for the most part) don't bring full sized roller cases on board.
    • Boarding is straight onto the plane, rather than into a holding pen (or onto a staircase) ten minutes before the inbound aircraft lands.
    • Tea/coffee/water is included in your fare, and on Qantas you get a sandwich too.
    • There's no in-flight sales pitch over the PA - in fact, no PA announcements at all after the safety demo.
    • Free inflight wifi from gate to gate, and streaming movies to personal devices.

I could get used to this.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Comments

Advertisement