Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passed Tests in late 2022, still no invite, help?

Options
  • 13-02-2023 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I passed all the Garda recruitment tests in 2022, having cleared the Inspector interview in November.

But for some reason I still haven't gotten an invitation to start in the Trainee College.

I keep ringing Garda HQ and they (rudely) keep telling me "We'll be in touch in due course".

Why exactly is it taking so long? I've no criminal record, and what's more stressful is, people who did the Physical on the same day as me in November (alongside proceeding to do the medical and Inspector interviews at similar times across November) received invites to start on February 20th.

Is anyone else in this situation or have they some personal grudge against me? I've no criminal record, never committed a crime of any sorts.

I also have bounced across a handful of jobs in the last two years (be it being made redundant and leaving due to bad working conditions), do they judge based on previous employment experience?

Comments

I am on a similar boat, I passed all my interviews and tests in early 2022 for another role with the AGS, got contacted that I was successful, sent over all docs, and have not heard back from anyone yet except the 'still going through clearance' and I also have no criminal record, background or anything, and I would argue exceptional work experience and academic background so there is really no flies on me but for whatever reason, it's been no comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

@RL1 Can I ask have you lived out of the jurisdiction of ROI ?

Also, have you resided in many different addresses in Ireland ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Security clearance is very in depth for this and could take 6-18 months in total depending on how many addresses etc you have had as they will have to write out to numerous garda stations in possibly multiple jurisdictions. They will get back in touch with you as soon as its all done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RL1

Nope, lived in Ireland my whole life, and had only lived in three addresses'; parents' home, student house and my current dwelling, the latter two being in the same town

I really have no explanation for this so, I just thought you might have been living or born abroad or such.

Keep focused and hopefully you'll get that call for an intake position soon.

• Advertisement

Nah, they're never going to give me an invitation.

If they were ever going to, they would've done so in early 2020 given I passed all the tests back in mid 2019. I only did them again in 2022 in the hopes they'd remember me and actually give me an invite. Which they won't so it was all a waste of time

Have you done or thought about getting in contact with Commissioner Harris's office or even the department of justice and equality in which Minister Simon Harris is currently in charge.

You really need answers and are entitled to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Madd002

My daughter only gone as far as stage 2, so basically she can do all but still not get through if she passes. Most guards we've spoke to say depends on how busy the station is where clearance is needed it could be left on someone's desk gathering dust and it may never be looked at due to shortage the shortage of staff. Nephew passed out of there a few weeks back he hates it now...!!

Here's been their recent response to me requesting an in-person meeting up at Garda HQ.

"I am to advise that Office will not be in a position to accede to your request for a meeting and do not accommodate in person meetings.

As previously advised, your application, complaint and correspondence have been escalated to the office supervisor.

Once direction has been provided on how to proceed your application we will contact you – This will be the limit of our response should you call the office."

I replied back to them asking for a timeframe and if this will result in me getting an invite for the May intake and guess what they did?

Copy and pasted the exact same response back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fluffypatcat

@Madd002 Can I ask why your nephew dislikes it now? Is he stationed in a busy spot?

I'm going through the recruitment stages at the minute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Hobojoe88

Any joy RL1? I have a friend in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭leheaven

I’m in the same boat, know another few as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bryn169

any luck now ?

Advertisement