Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannot open wiring connection

• 13-02-2023 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I'm having trouble with this wiring connection. I tried pushing in both side tabs and pulling, then a small scredriver blade to open the tabs but neither seem to be work.

Will not budge, any help please , thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Try pushing the connection together abit more and then squeeze the tabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is one of the tabs broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bugrake

Thanks, I tried pushing the connection togethor first , no luck. I dont think either tabs are broken.

They both go in, with an effort, but cannot then pull apart. Wiring looks a bit delicate so i dont want to yank too hard and cause damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I'd suggest wd40 and a good light to see what you are doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭greasepalm

From what i see you have a tab on left and right top that you squeeze in to pull up the block connector .

At the bottom of these might be legs to click onto a tab to hold in place and a small electrical screwdriver twisting might release one side at a time to allow to pull it up

Is it a coil pack on a ford

• Advertisement

Ok @greasepalm many thanks for that, I'll try again tomorrow, it's a connector to a turbo pressure sensor on a Hyundai ix35. Broken wire needs fixing...

Go into a motor factors search page as i see this sensor which shows the raised bit on the sensor is in the middle and is in a different place ?

https://www.mister-auto.ie/sensor-boost-pressure/triscan/8824-43004/ as an example

Needs cleaning to see more into it to locate that latch catch.

Interesting. Sorry, I summarised a little ,and may have misled you wth the sensor bit, but wil likely need that info down the line so appreciated ...

Full story >

a. Check Engine light came on (shortly after diesel refill)

b. Attached (cheap) OBDII reader

c. Code P0047 -  Engine Control Unit (ECU) has detected an out of range or abnormal reading of low operation in the turbocharger or supercharger boost control solenoid circuit

d. cleared code - but it returned when engne stopped an restarted.

e. Local garage booked up for 2+ weeks.

f. Looked on-line said DIY can - check for broken wires, vacuum leaks and replace sensor. ( I dont have any sophisticated test equipment or knowledge to do any more than that)

g. spotted broken wire - hopes raised !

h. Cannot open connectorto to examine/fix - hopes dashed

i Turned to boards for help ...

Anyway, regardless I would like to learn how to open stubborn connectors, and may send up finding/repolacing sensor.

First of all is there another wire in the loom same colour as you could trim the outer cover and solder both in place and if you had some heat shrink to put over it .

Also check any turbo hoses that fracture.

Ah good old YouTube with your car and issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAexbPOOrCw

Advertisement