Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest way to sell shares in paper format?

Options
  • 13-02-2023 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Newbie here. Please be kind!

I have a portfolio (6 UK companies) of shares in certificate format. They are all in my name.

I want to sell them all - at the least commission charge.

I would appreciate advice on where to go.

Thank you

MOTF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Hi MOTF, I had this very problem a few years back and I used a small stockbroker in Dublin, but I see they are since gone out of business.

Your best bet would be to ring around a few of the Irish stock brokers and see if they will deal with your paper share certs.

This link below might be helpful: https://www.moneyguideireland.com/how-to-sell-paper-share-certificates.html, based on the value of your investments it may or may not make sense to transfer your shares to a lower cost stock broker to do the sale (like Degiro) if the transaction fees are excessive with the stock broker that converts (or dematerialises) your share certificates.

Advertisement