Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Riello 40 tilted

• 13-02-2023 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the reason why riello state that a riello 40 burner has to be tilted off horizontal where it sits on the boiler flange. No particular reason I just would like to know. I can't see what difference it would make.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

I've never heard of this. Perhaps you are misinterpreting something. Explain where you are getting this iformation so that I can have a look.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

I’m assuming it’s to ensure unignited fuel goes into burner chamber in a no start ? I’m only surmising!? I’m assuming that’s the off horizontal angle you are referring to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Thats exactly what i am referring to. The instructions state to verify that it is fitted like that but no reason why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭jimf

ive never heard or seen anything like this

if the burner is fitted this way it cant be tightened in position so flu gasses can escape

It,s in the instruction manual that comes with the burner and there are thousands of them fitted. That is the way it has to be fitted . They tell you to verify that. But why?

• Advertisement

Well after scratching my head a lot the answer seems to be simple. This off horizontal tilt is already manufactured into the flange. It is wider at the bottom than at the top so will automatically be tilted when fitted.

I would assume its to drain any fluid away from the burner.

Advertisement