Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free trials

• 13-02-2023 10:10pm
    Administrators Posts: 390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

This discussion was created from comments split from: Off topic: chat.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Just looking at matches at the Ancestry website and when I click on someone in a matches tree I am taken to a “Start Free Trial” link, however in the app I can click on the name and get some info like birth and location (like with MyHeritage), is there a way to see this on the website?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I wasn't aware that the app allowed you to do this & I'd guess it's an error.

They want you to take a free trial or a subscription.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭55Gem

News to me too, on the website if it's a linked tree you can scroll down to the map, if the person has recorded the birth place you should be able to find them there, can be a bit of a tedious search though and not always in the correct place if the recorded birth place doesn't match what Ancestry's map is programmed with.

Advertisement