Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adding water to Heating system

• 14-02-2023 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, Looking for some advice before I have to go down the heating company route, I have a Sanbra Fyffe Auto filling valve with gauge. My water pressure has hit the 1 mark on the gauge from a drop from about 1.3 over time. Noticed it was taking a little longer for the full rad to heat and had something before like that which was water pressure.

I have done it before in opening the value from the knob end to let water in but this is a newer valve fitting a few years back as the other was leaking. Not sure what the last heating guy did last year but I am unable to to turn the knob at all. I can feel a screw is in the knob but due to the location I cant get a view of it. I know when it was put in they didnt leave it open to allow water to flow itself into it. I can see a screw on the right side and am wondering If I open this will it bring water in.

Have attached a picture of the unit, not sure if I should try and open the screw on the knob or the one on the right. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 quiglo

just an update I managed to get this sorted with a neighbours advice, so all good

Advertisement