Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ride On Mower Recommendations

Options
  • 14-02-2023 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey gang

We bought our forever home a few years ago. With it came huge mature gardens (very lucky) We have aprox 2.5 acers of gardens with lovely trees, bushes, flowers etc around borders and some in middle... the previous owners obviously had allot of talent and allot of time to maintain them.

We are a young family so life is pretty busy, so we (mainly me) try to keep on top of it with tidying, cutting grass & strimming (the basics) if we dont do this I just feel the garden looks messy and untidy.

Our drive way, is about 250m long, has grass on either side and dotted all the way down on either side are trees and rhododendron  - then the gardens are quite open but will have tree or bush's on edges. To date a self propelled push mower is what we have been using. For me to cut all the grass it takes aprox 9-10 hours (this would be non stop) so I tend to do it over 2 days.. I tend to only get to do it every 2-3 weeks, but when its all cut and tidy the place looks great. But it is very time consuming and off putting to get out and spend so much time and energy on it.

Id love to be able to keep on top of it this spring / summer and always have it looking lovely.. So I am going to jump and get a ride on for the areas it will go and use the push where needed.

Long winded I am sorry... I therefore looking for recommendations for a ride on that can easily do this size garden, what to look for? our garden isnt a smooth dreamy garden, can be lumpy and bumpy.. Im just praying there is something robust enough to take on the challenge and cut the effort in half.

Look forward to any suggestions and feedback.

Comments

Advertisement