Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling iMac with broken HDD

Options
  • 14-02-2023 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

I've a 2015ish iMac here with a broken Fusion Drive. The machine won't boot up as a result. I've tried steps to recover it, but had no joy.

The rest of the machine functioned perfectly so it's a shame not to try and get a little bit of money for it.

However, I don't want to sell it knowing the HDD is still inside and not formatted (even though it's broke I'm not sure if the data is recoverable) and neither do I have the patience / ability to open it up to remove the HDD.

Im wondering if there is anywhere I can legitimately sell this given the circumstances? Am I being stupid to fear that someone might try to recover the data?

Any suggestions?

Advertisement