Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new boiler and flue installation - cork city/midleton area

Options
  • 14-02-2023 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

our gas boiler is done and needs to be replaced. also my radiators need to be flushed according to the plumber who was here today (which i agree with, we havent had that done in the 4 years we live in our house now)

our boiler is in the middle of the house, not close to any outside wall. weird, but thats how the houses in the development we live in were built. its also an immergas boiler which no one seems to want to touch.

we are getting quotes of around 5000 euro, also one plumber wants to relocate the boiler to the bed room next to the boiler room, so its hanging on the wall in the corner. which i a solution i dont like. another said it might be possible to install the new boiler where the current one is, but it needs a new flue which he would install so that it goes along the ceiling of the bathroom and outside the wall from there.

anyway, is there a plumber you could recommend who could install a new boiler and flush the radiators at a reasonable price in the cork city/midleton area?

Advertisement