Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden shutters

• 15-02-2023 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,448 ✭✭✭✭

I have an old house (1904) with single-glazed sash windows at the front. Mostly the glass is very old (wobbly, with imperfections) and I love it and would hate to replace it with modern double-glazed. But it's wildly inefficient from a heat/thermal POV!

I have heavy long curtains, but I'm thinking about trying to install wooden shutters as well - not the slatted plantation ones, but solid wooden ones. The windows are a shallow square bay downstairs, and normal flat ones upstairs.

Could anyone recommend a company who might quote for getting shutters made and fitted? I've googled, and most of the results are for the plantation-style ones which is not what I want.

I'm in Dublin city.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement