Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DM Newport Car Sales Kildare

Options
  • 15-02-2023 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any customer experience of dealing with DM Newport Car Sales, any feedback would be appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I've never heard of them but I would approach the purchase of any car as an event that would require the checking by a competent mechanic. If you need to ask for opinions on them, then I'll assume that you are not in a position to say whether the car has been well looked after or not. On that basis, spend a small bit of money getting it checked over by an independent mechanic. I googled the term "car inspections kildare" and found loads who do this.

If the seller does not accept having a car inspected, then that in itself tells you loads.

Also, when buying, see what exactly is covered under the warranty. For example, some used car sellers might give engine & gearbox whereas some main dealers (e.g. BMW) are giving two years covering pretty much any fault in the car such as a broken ash tray! Don't forget that your warranty is only worth the paper it is written on (i.e. make sure it is in writing!)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭2011abc

And be wary of outfits that offer no warramty directly but instead a warranty 'insurance policy'.

Advertisement