Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance policy not fit for purpose

Options
  • 15-02-2023 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can an Insurance Co that advertises 48 hr car hire and only provide 24 hrs be made to refund extra car hire paid for by customer?

If the same Company advertises 14 day car hire replacement what happens if none is provided for 10 days? Does customer that paid premium in full have to pay for car hire themselves?

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

You should not confuse what is advertised versus what is specifically in your policy. What does your policy say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nola Bannerton

My policy states that I will be provided with 48hrs car hire or €250 to cover a Hotel if I am more than 30 miles from home which I wasn't so opted for the car hire. It also states that if my car cannot be repaired quickly I will be provided with 14 days car hire by their provider. They provided the car after 10 days of me paying car hire myself. Then when I went to change the insurance they did not have me insured on it and I had to pay again to insure it. Almost 5 weeks in the garage waiting for them to approve repair that was €700- €800.

Advertisement