Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solis portal question

• 15-02-2023 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We recently got a Solis hybrid inverter installed, 4.4kWp panels and a 9.6 kWh of battery storage. logging in to the portal today, the graphic showing the power flow has a slightly different layout, pic attached:

The 'Grid side' branch is new, anyone know what this is about?

TIA

G.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

As far as I understand, you'll see no difference unless you have EPS loads connected.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just spotted that on mine too and came here to see if anyone else did 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭vistaphotos

Seeing it since yesterday or the day before I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

It makes 0 sense, it just copies the grid value below.

Nice of them to add pointless features instead of fixing battery charging being logged as generation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Ah OK-so it refers to the load on the Emergency Power Supply output of the inverter? Thank you.

edit: the app has the old layout-without the 'grid side' icon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Ah the backup socket if you have one wired? But it makes no sense it should be close to zero not the exact same value as the grid icon below since I only have a fan connected to it which is off.

Too bad it became useless as it decided to power itself off and take down all my network gear and even after enabling did it again a few times.

@Jonathan I think you saw the same right?

The only thing I now trust it to do is power the fan of the inverter.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Yes, my EPS socket randomly powered itself off a few months ago. Similarly, I have only the fan on it now.

I haven't had a power cut since solar was installed in 2021, so haven't had to use it in an emergency either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Did you fit an external cooling fan for the inverter?

The noise of the built in fan is certainly noticeable, our house is a dormer and we have the inverter and batteries in the lower attic adjacent to the eaves if that makes sense. it only seems to ramp up when under a heavier load0-someone boils the kettle for example. I have a few noctua fans and a 12VDC PSU I was planning to fit if it gets annoying during the summer..

I didn't bother with the EPS function yet as I can feed the house through an external 16A commando from the car via a manual changeover switch in the fuse board if the power goes. Bit disappointing if its not up to scratch, I planned on sticking the router, NAS and a few other bits on the EPS eventually.

I don't know why/how it turned it self off. Perhaps a rogue commend issued remotely by Solis. There were no other fault/overcurrent errors/warnings on the inverter. If you ditched the Solis cloud monitoring and monitored locally through Modbus, you'd probably be safe.

As for the far, I've got one of these sitting on top of the inverter on some standoffs. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08GNRPMFZ/

Advertisement