Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep payments while on CE scheme

Options
  • 15-02-2023 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I get a DCA payment for my daughter- has anyone started a CE scheme and kept this payment?

I'm getting conflicting information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Sadly I'm not surprised your getting conflicting info on allowances retained whilst on a CE scheme. Information on Citizens information is in direct contradiction of what DSP are saying on a number of issues.

To be 100% sure, I would ask this question Directly to both the, CE scheme supervisor you may be dealing with & DSP, preferably by email or writing before accepting a position.

Some allowances are retained, some are not. If your on a Jobseekers payment, that ends, you are then employed by the CE directly and they pay the Jobseekers rate + CE scheme payment + allowances if retained.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

We never had a problem with DCA on ce placements ,and kept medical cards too over a number of years, but check with your ce manager to be on the safe side,we had zero issues with it ,

• Registered Users Posts: 9 claire1209

This CE scheme will not let me proceed while I'm receive the DCA payment ... even though anywhere I gave asked said it should have no effect. Anyhow that's the end of that. Thanks for the responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

You can only get access to the CE scheme if you were getting a particular weekly SW payment before you apply. Which payment are you getting?

Hey yes I am on invalidity pension - was going to ease myself back into work on a scheme, to see how I would get on. This would qualify me for the position.

All was fine until they saw I get the domiciliary Carer Allowance too. A second payment from DSP is not allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

I’m going to look into this tomorrow because in all the years, I’ve never heard of receipt DCA having any impact on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You'll be amazed at the implications of taking on a CE scheme and certain allowances and from my own research neither DSP or Citizens info agree. The CE supervisor I deal with has said those on DA going onto CE schemes lose some allowances & a number of candidates pulled out because of this. I presume similar issues arise if your on an IP

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I'm beginning to see that applying for a CE scheme is definitely not as straight forward as I thought!! I've been seriously for the past number of years..and just thought it might be a good way to ease myself back in... how wrong I was

Tootired123 tanks for that... everyone bar the CE scheme supervisor have told it shouldn't have an effect but obviously they have the last say on the position.

Advertisement