Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zoom interview tips.

• 15-02-2023 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

I've an interview via Zoom tomorrow and this is new to me so I'm looking for any tips from people who've done this. I know it says always look at the camera but I know I'll have a habit of looking down at the person asking the question. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

1. Test all your equipment and make sure it works correctly
    2. Check your background, make sure it is appropriate - no strange posters, untidy piles of clothes etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭FluffPiece

Jim's advise is good and then place something like a small sticky note beside the camera to draw your attention to look at it more often. Don't forget to smile a bit if possible and have a large glass of water close by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭raheny red

Place a few books under your laptop / phone to get the camera closer to eye level. That'll help to focus on the camera lens too.

Advertisement