Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this video real?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,037 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The lad taking the video deserves a slap of a baton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Yeah , a few of those idiots around.

All they do is annoy the Garda, and end up with the book being thrown at them.

Instead of 1 or 2 charges/summons, they'll end up with 10.

Then they piss off the judge in court, and that usually turns out well :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭kindalen

Really makes ye aware of the insanity Guards have to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭creedp

Can't imagine him getting away with that crap in the US. In fairness if the Gardai have to spend that long dealing with routine traffic issues it's no wonder they are strapped for resources. I wonder would it have taken that long in the absence of a camera rolling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

This nonsense originated in the US so it goes on there too and the Gardai had to wait on a tow truck..so yes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I watched that video only yesterday. His plate was LIB3RTY. And he was surprised there was a problem. Also claimed that the he changed the plate when he bought it. Garda had the patience of a saint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭creedp

OK let me rephrase slightly, would the Garda have been as patient and polite

I feel sorry for his family who have to suffer the consequences for his self righteous actions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I feel sorry for his wife and kid.

In my experience tough fellas like this are generally a little tapped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭ozmo

Yes - tells Garda he just made up the plate number? And after he gets his car back from the compound (by putting the real Irish plates back on) - without fines - he then says he put back on the "freedom I think he called it?" plates soon as he got home.

Some chancer...

Here is the the original source - his youtube channel - hes getting a lot of flak but is sticking to his arguments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFoSOSvqvuc

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Man, I am so tempted to subscribe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Don't think he's at all tough just a diamond encrusted *****r who is definitely tapped as you say. That was a seriously hard watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Whocare

If I was Garda I would have quite word tow truck driver/owner and tell them drain gearbox oil on it and if get back few days later gearbox be fu&k on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Giving those fools the ammunition to waffle on some more with this sort of shite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭deirdremf

When the video starts hectoring me from the get-go, I immediately turn it off. Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I hope he comes here to put you all straight. Incidentally, would he not have been better off saying he was a freeman of Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,456 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Better off?

He might as well say he's a medium size tin of sweetcorn.

The Guards should get their salaries doubled immediately, due to the global level of f*ckwittery they have to deal with these days.

In the old days, they'd get maybe two words of that patter out before some unit of a Guard would hit them such a clout, they'd see stars for a month and when the head cleared, even they'd forget what a moron they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Play stupid games you win stupid prizes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Just a really low level of IQ is what I saw. Someone who latched onto a notion, doesnt understand it, and doesnt have the intelligence to see the stupidity of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Better off as in at least he'd have the stupid notion and country in the right order

• Advertisement
Advertisement