Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modular homes and VAT returns

Options
  • 15-02-2023 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi folks,

Apologies if this post is in the wrong place but really need some advice here,

We’re looking at putting up a modular home from Big Red Barn, the cost is looking like 250K + VAT which leaves it around 293K, I’ve been told that VAT can be claimed back some way in the south but I’ve heard conflicting reports about it, 293k is simply out of budget for us and the 250 is even a stretch. We’re planning on taking a trip down to them to discuss it but does anyone know if there’s a way to get the VAT refunded? I’m not at all clued in to the likes of VAT returns so I’d appreciate if it’s kept simple! 😂

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SkilpTDI

That’s a shame, they seem to insist that it’s possible so they might shed some light on it when we get down to visit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Don't think so, there is a scheme in the North for this but not South afaik. I'm no expert but this is a topic that comes up very regularly on the Self Build and Renovations Ireland FB page, join and have a look at posts there, it seems a non runner unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SkilpTDI

Thanks for the replies folks, not looking great so far but if I have any breakthroughs I’ll update here, thanks again 👍🏻

Advertisement