Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thursday 16th February

• 16-02-2023 1:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

I have written about the Grade 3 novice hurdles over 3 miles today in Clonmel (2:15) over on the trial races thread, and I’ve put one of the runners, SEARCH FOR GLORY, up as an ante-post pick for the Albert Bartlett in the ante-post bets thread, so I will have to stick with him here. At his current price of 15/2, though, I’m hoping he can be at the very least an each way bet to nothing at e/w terms of three places. Currently he’s joint-third in the market with Monty’s Star, a half brother to Monalee, and behind the market leaders of Hiddenvalley Lake and Corbetts Cross respectively. On current ratings, he has a bit to find on those two, but he shaped well on his hurdles debut in Leopardstown over Chrismtas in a good race. He looked like he would relish the step up in trip — a point winner as well — so hopefully that will see him be competitive here. Hiddenvalley Lake won very nicely in Cork in a race that has worked out from a form point of view, and Corbetts Cross, a ready handicap winner over 3 miles last time out, is more experienced and battle-hardened horse which should stand to him here. It should be a good race in any case, and a one that also should be insightful for what’s to come at Cheltenham.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Corbetts Cross a non-runner which changes the complexion of the race a bit. E/w terms two places now also.

Walk In The Brise gone also. Hiddenvalley Lake 4/7 fav now.

Great race. Monty’s Star gets the better of Hiddenvalley Lake and Search For Glory in a tight finish. Both the first two now joined on 7/1 for the Albert Bartlett with Search For Glory cut to 20/1. Thought Search For Glory ran a fairly good race in third for his first run over 3 miles, so I wouldn’t give up on his chances at Cheltenham just yet.

Advertisement