Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deltasol CS/2 - Smart Home integration

Options
  • 16-02-2023 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hopefully someone has thought of this before me!

We have recently moved house and have one of these controllers for a solar tube system for HW. It's very handy for seeing the tank temperatures etc. but it's a pain to have to go to it to check manually.

Is there any way of integrating it with anything so we can see the details on an app?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I have a Deltasol BS/3 which provides vBus (RS-485-like) connectivity. I have this interfaced to a Raspberry Pi Zero W using a custom hat. The RPi then exposes the tank sensor information to Home Assistant. The pyvbus library provides easy parsing of the vBus datagrams.

Is the solar thermal system still in use? If not, it might be easier to just get an ESP8266 and some DS18B20s to measure the tank temperatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Sorry for the massively late reply - day to day life got in the way!

The Solat thermal system is still in use and working well. Would be useful to be able to monitor the tank temperatures remotely on more cloudy days to make sure there is enough hot water before we get home etc.

I'd hoped there might be some off the shelf option for it....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

You could buy this instead, but it isn't cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

It's really not cheap! I might look into the Pi solution but it looks like the custom hat has to be made up? I've no experience in doing that is probably my first problem!

Advertisement