Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Formally Entering Irish Market

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,048 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Not at all they are very stylish, unique and different. Better than being boring like many other brands.

I think all the BYD interiors are very unique and cool.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Finding this took a lot longer than it should TBH..... Here you go.

https://www.bydauto.ie/assets/1/product-guides/bydatto3.pdf

Christ no. I don't mind stylish but don't need something which is modeled on exposed muscle fibres

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Ugh. Dublin, or Dublin, as dealership options. That rules out a huge portion of the population so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Anyone know about service plan charges, I thought I read somewhere àfter first check up it was every 2 years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,861 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Thanks for that.

From what I can see the top spec gets an electric tailgate, bigger screen, V2L power strip and some mats. But best of all ambient lighting on the door handles that syncs with music 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

€37-39K, that's a lot better than I though pricing would be.

It bodes well for competitiveness of future vehicle launches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

I'd say this is a sign of things to come.

I'd predict dealer networks being significantly smaller than they used to be, with car manufacturers following Tesla's lead.

More online options, fewer dealers, less overhead and cheaper prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭wassie

Tesla eliminate the dealer via the have agency model, meaning the manufacturer sell's direct. A number of manufacturers are moving towards this model in overseas markets outside the EU (competition laws are stronger in the EU making it harder to setup).

Esssentially it means fixed pricing and no ability to negotiate pricing. This doesnt necessarily result in cheaper pricing - no discounting or haggling when a dealer needs to move excess cars as stock ownership is taken away from the dealer itself and in the control of the manufacturer.

On the plus side, it means if there is stock anywhere in the country for a particular model/trim, then it will be made available as the inventory will be centralised.

Has anyone asked about service costs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thats just initially, depending on demand the distributor will probably supply other locations around the country, id guess in 12 months time itll be a much different picture.

Cork listed as well depending on where you look (Mercedes Little Island?). Am guessing it's coming soon.

In reality, as above it €39 - €41k including service plan and Paddy pricing gouge.

PLUS!

Just copped - it says the lowest model isn't available until Q3 so won't get the full €5k grant reduction so is in effect not available at (either) advertised price. So you can pay €39.5k for the mid spec or €41k for the top spec now for what's in stock now - or ~€40.5k - €42.5k after June.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭creedp

Just wondering why you are trying to flip the ZS so soon after getting you hands on it. Are you simply forward planning or are you unhappy about some aspect of the car? See a lot of them on the road lately, didn't realise they were €40k cars now.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭n.d.os

I've never bought a Tesla but if the Polestar experience is anything to go by it's the way forward. When I visited the "Polestar space" in Sandyford there were maybe 3 guys there who just hand you the keys and say, "Take it for a drive." All are very knowledgeable and happy to help. Around the back in the yard there are maybe 30 unregistered Polestar 2's varying in colour and range. I think these are the available cars on the website but I could be wrong. From what I can see, every possible configuration is available as Polestar keep it simple bundling all of its less popular extras into one pack. You go online, put down a 1k deposit on an available car and you pick it up in less than 2 weeks.

A few months prior to this, I walked into an Audi dealership who told me "We don't know when we are getting Q4's" and we don't really care either way. I walked out and that was the end of that.

Good salesmen and women in traditional dealerships are a dying breed. All of the good ones are gone to work in private dealerships and in the main dealers they are paying low wages to inexperienced sales people who stay about one year before moving on to something else.

I think more brands will move online in the next 5 years. Either that or they will remove the sales staff and have a few people on hand to talk you through the car in person. A few years back with GDPR they took away a lot of power from the sales staff so in the long run I'm not sure if they are really needed anymore. If it's done right buying a car online and organizing finance over the phone and email is the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Struggling through the pages here with my fever addled brain.

Has it been established that it's just the Atto3 coming and not the Han?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The Han is not in the line up its not available here and unknown dates if ever for Europe. So hold your han dreams for now.

Ms

I think BYD must be the biggest car brand to come here since Daewoo came here in the late 90s early 00s.

Daewoo established a fairly big network of dealers fairly quickly and it worked for a while until they went bust.

I hope BYD can have a big network of dealers too and do well here.

Yes Dacia have come here but they were/are part of Renault so that was not really a big deal it's just a cheaper version of a Renault with old but well proven Renault mechanicals underneath. Tesla have taken there time and ard popular now but they do not have a traditional dealer network and Polester the same.

Post edited by AMKC on

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

My BIL just sent me this. "Some brand called Build your Dreams at the KClub." 🤣 They need to lose that slogan on the back. Nice looking car. Looks much better than the SUVs. He said it's 70k. Yipes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

More of them face on in the background there as well.

Perfect marketing strategy. Hit up the KClub on a nice day and get some orders in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

the brand launch is there today, for the trade at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

I saw a truck full of Hans on the M4 the other day. I'd say it will be formally launched here soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,861 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It's an amazing car I love it, I'm more toying with the idea of staying in a new car than getting rid of the ZS. I can't buy a new ZS at the moment due to the backlog, so I can't just go back to MG and update it.

I need the higher-up car for the time being (bad back and kids in car seats I just can't manage bending down to a saloon level). So this BYD is in the price/style range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Thank you. The reply is appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hmm why is their demo car left hand drive? And no mention of Hans on their site nor in any motor articles for right hand drive launches? In Europe.

insurance companies havent got it in their system yet to get a quote.

Ms

I wonder what is the next model they will bring here maybe the Seal or the Dolphin.

The Dolphin is not a bad little car and would make more sense. They need to build up customers first and then maybe with word of mouth and goodwill people might eventually be interested in the Seal if they ever bring it here and be willing to pay 70k for it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭creedp

They should consider a change of name system.. 'Build Your Own Seal' plastered across the back of your car doesn't really inspire an emotional bond with the car🤔

Advertisement