Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repeat issues with car from dealer?

• 17-02-2023 6:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Hi

I bought a 1.6 dci Nissan Xtrail from Toyota Sandyford at the end of June 2022. It came with 2 years warranty.

At the end of December it had engine light on and I got it back off them in first week in January after they did a forced regen.

This morning engine light is on again. They can't take it until March to look at it but I assume it is the same issue.

My question is am I entitled to any refund at some point or can they just offer to repair if this keeps happening every few months?

They did advise that I need to drive it at decent motorway speeds every couple of months but I would have done so since last repair and was not advised this when it was sold to me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Threaten to demand your money back, and they will miraculously find a way to repair it sooner.

I would think that a new car (is it a new car) with a problem like that should be take in immediately and a courtesy car given

Sounds like you should be documenting everything and putting everything in writing in case its a problem that they cant / wont resolve and you need to go further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Sorry I should have mentioned its not a new car. It is a 152 car but I was expecting to get quite a few years out of it. I have 2006 VW golf that has 236k more miles on it than the Nissan and running fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

You bought a 7 year old diesel car and your DPF is being blocked because your driving style doesn’t suit a diesel. I’m surprised the garage is even covering this as a DPF being blocked is almost always the customers fault. The garage were under no obligation to explain the workings of a DPF when you bought the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Well the sale of goods supply act applies regardless of whether you feel the issue is my driving style. The fact is I was entitled to assume the car could be driven without consistently incurring this issue particularly even when I have driven it as garage advised. I'm open to be corrected but I don't believe this issue occurs with such frequency on all diesel cars of similar age so if that is the case then it is a manufacturer default, which I'm protected against under legislation. I also have 18 months of a warranty. I'm not sure why you surprised the garage would covering when that's a warranty is for.

Advertisement