Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 3 games

Options
  • 17-02-2023 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

I was thinking of buying the ceramic white Playstation 3 console, The Japanese one. I was wondering is it worth it ? I mean for the japanese only games. Anyone know where I can find a list of all the games exclusive to Japan ? Is there any first person or 3rd person shooters ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

PS3 is region free so it’s not worth buying a console just for Japan-only games unless you wanted the particular model for collection purposes.

You’ll probably have to trawl through forums for a definitive list of Japan-only PS3 games, and lots have come out in the West eventually on PC or other systems. Others like Boku no Natsuyasumi 3 would require good Japanese or a fan guide beside you. Not sure there are quite as many absolute gems as some other consoles, but there are definitely some. https://www.neogaf.com/threads/what-are-japan-only-ps3-games-worth-importing.821086/

There is an amazing selection of retro games on the PSN PS3 JP store. Easiest and cheapest (legal) way to play hard-to-find classics like Einhander. It’s a bit trickier to add funds to old PS3 accounts these days though - you need to use vouchers or add them to your wallet on the more recent consoles.

Advertisement