Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The All-New Late Late Show Megathread

Options
1606162636466»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

I remember he attacked Richard Dawkins .... who is whether you agree or disagree with his beliefs not a chancer like these mediums and psychics .... but he said nothing at all when Joe Coleman was on about the boxing matches with the devil and Lorna Byrne was on about guardian angels .... I got the feeling at the time Tubridy actually believed in all that psychic stuff himself !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭deezell

Yes, it was a hypothetical statement. I found that interview, btw, and just watched it there now;

I'm speechless. Tubridy had all the wit and nous of Lucy the proto human discussed. He's a disgrace in this. Like a gurrier in the cinema heckling the screen. I half expected him to say 'What's a Gigglybit' or something like that annoying bored child in the Vodafone ad. Now I understand how I missed this, if this was what he was up to with guests, I probably wasn't watching.

Regarding that youtube clip, note the international nature of the comments, it's not a local viewership. They refer to Tubridy as 'the host', and he certainly doesn't come out of it well. If you read them in fact, you'll see that Tubridy basically decided to go for the controversy of the earlier book, probably because his 'research' amounted to reportage of an earlier interview in Germany where the host ignored the new book and based his attack on Dawkins original masterpiece, so it's likely Tubridy simply plagiarised the earlier German show. He's some cnut. He's actually obnoxious in this. This changes everything I've thought about him over the years. It's not far off a Jimmy Saville moment. If that was a talk show audition, he wouldn't have got past his first sentence. NEXT!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That's an embarrassing interview.

You could tell Dawkins was asked on to discuss his new book, and was annoyed that the host ignored it and decided to go for the cheap questions to get the audience to turn on him.

"So what's the Vatican then? Toy town?'.

Idiotic. So God must exist because the Vatican exists?

"I'm asking questions that are interesting ". We all know about Tubs and his humility.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Came across this article from a few years ago

in a tirade across multiple posts on his Facebook page recently, the painter took a swipe at Tubridy's personality, appearance and interviewing skills.

"Bless him. He's off to the BBC I believe. He is skinny and lacking in personality but he is no Henry Kelly!

"I just love the Tubs. All that charisma, incisive questioning, that happy go lucky, cheery guy, his common touch, good chiselled looks and totally impeccable dress sense.

"No smugness with this man! Whatta guy!

"I love Tubridy, but only as a puppet. I think he makes a great marionette."

Replying to one follower who said Tubridy had the "IQ of a lugworm", he added: "Your assessment of Tubs is as accurate and succint as my own."

Describing the differences between a lugworm and a ragworm, Knuttel concluded by describing Tubridy as "a toothless worm who lives below the surface, but only slightly. This worm will never dig deep."

Five days later, becoming aggrieved at another one of the RTE favourite's interviews, Knuttel commented: "Can you believe it? A week later, Late Late Show, Tubridy... And the guest is... Gaybo!!

"Even Doctor Who couldn't time travel like this!!

"I must stop coming home on Fridays! I'm frittering my life away.

"I have an inner strength that allows me watch Tubs without flinching a single muscle. I can grimace and endure anything he might throw at me!

"Tubs is absolutely terrified that one of his guests says anything of any importance or even relevance."

Later, he said: "Phew!! He whipped Gaybo off for his cocoa and now he's stuck aul Katherine (sic) Thomas in the hot seat! Long day in the staff canteen getting the show together!"

The Irish Mirror has attempted to contact Ryan Tubridy's representation for comment

Nationwide tonight played a repeat of Graham Knuttel's interview from 2009 with Mary Kennedy. His manner was succinctly abstract, a bit like his paintings. He came across as a person with hidden depth and understanding of the human condition. How he must have despaired of the Dawkins interview.

He showed Mary a painting which included a portrait of Sly Stalllone, one of his famed customers. Mary was effusive about the painting, with an impressively depicted Rambo elegantly attired and propping up a bar to a background of Knuttel characters. Without blinking, he explained the composition. 'He's quite a small man, but he wanted to be taller then everyone else in the painting.' There. Genius. He could have been talking about Tubridy's communications aspirations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,574 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nice to see they have decided not to show a "Best of LLS" every Friday for 6 weeks after the show ended like years past, showing a film instead makes sense 👋

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

They'd have had a hell of a job getting a Best of out of that crap anyway!

And this is how it ends. Squalid under the counter payments. Any 'legacy' completely erased. No wonder Tubs could never fire off a hard question to a guest. People in glass houses etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

This putrid display by Tubridy is well poured over by now but you're quite right to once again illustrate it again, especially for some younger people just how vapid, insincere, talentless and utterly devoid of real humanity this shill actually is. How Dawkins deftly handled the hubris of that creep. Ugh. Perhaps he's finished. I doubt it very sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

There was a best of Late Late on last night. Seriously.

• Advertisement

Ah! That explains the extra dough of course. The besties show, gotta pay for the repeats.

One scheduled for next Thursday too. Surely be pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,574 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I see they have pulled the Best Of show for tomorrow night.

He is in severe danger of losing his radio show. At best he might end up in the graveyard slot, on much reduced contract. That was a costly 250k. Agents are poison.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,870 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

He'd be lucky to get on Radio Norwich at this rate

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Advertisement