Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City - anti social behaviour etc... what's being done?

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Some mad carry on up my way last Thursday evening. As far as I can piece together, a Deliveroo rider was mugged and robbed, possibly on Christy Ring Bridge. Apparently, the victim put out a distress call of some sort.

Deliveroo riders quickly started gathering on scooters, on foot, on electric bikes and push bikes. It was seriously impressive, the numbers that came to help and the speed at which they came.

There was lots of shouting and aggression going on on Mulgrave road, then a bunch of guys, one with his top off (in the rain) came up Dominick Street persued by a convoy of scooters. They were surrounded and detained by about 20 riders. At some point during all this, I called the guards, fearing someone was going to get seriously hurt.

Gardaí arrived pretty quickly, managed to defuse the situation and arrested at least on person.

What was really interesting was that the Deliveroo guys displayed a huge show of strength and solidarity but clearly didn't want to fight. No ambulance was called and the guy arrested looked unhurt. I can't say for sure that there was absolutely no violence but the restraint shown was remarkable in the circumstances!

It was very impressive to see these guys looking out for each other and keep their heads.

Another interesting bit was that initially when an Gardaí showed up it was a woman on her own. She waded into the middle of this affair, alone, without hesitation. Very plucky, regardless of gender.

Advertisement