Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Envy Query Advice Please!! Can't print with new modem.

Options
  • 18-02-2023 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭

I don't know much about technology but here goes.

We have been using HP Envy for printing for a good few years. Our use of ink is monitored and we get a few ink cartridges posted as and when from Germany I think it is when we are running low. There is never an issue with supply. We always seem to have enough ink cartridges available.

The issue is this:

Our TV went on the blink and we got a new modem (This apparently means a new Wifi number etc) We managed to connect the laptop to the new modem but nothing is printing!! We do not have advice from HP as we did not pay the extra to have that support in place.

I thought that once the laptop is reconnected to the new modem there would be no problem?

I would be very grateful for advice to get us back printing again.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Cogratulations ! , you have subscribed to "HP's Instant ink scam scheme". As you are a pying customer , you should be entitled for support from instant ink, this is separate from HP main support

Sarcasm aside...

What model?

Did you connect your printer to "new" network? What means of connection is used?

Do you get any error messages on the printer/web interface?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Envy 6200

We got a new modem. Wifi is connected with new password. (We can see how much ink is left so it seems to be connected? )

But we can not print!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

1.Can you print network information page from printer itself? It should state IPv4 address

2.Can you access printer from your computer by IPv4 address?

3.On printer webpage(by IP) is there any notifications/warnings/errors listed? If yes - what does it state?

4.When attempt to print from PC, is there notifications/warnings/errors pop-up? If yes - what does it state?

you might try uninstall printer(all instances if more than one) from your computer, then add again, test printing

As you have "instant ink", there might be other issues related to that.

Advertisement