Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Direct Ireland

• 18-02-2023 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Appalling business and customer service. They have cancelled my order twice, even though it was processed, money taken from my account and email saying “out for delivery” then subsequent email saying order cancelled yet and most importantly they did not issue a full payment??

I have raised issue with Consumer Rights Ireland. I have also emailed Sports Direct on 3 occasions and not getting much of a response, just 1 standard pre-worded response email.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Would you not simply do a chargeback on your card. Very simple and you will get less worked up.

They are well known for appalling service, but it's usually worse if your email is also a rant. The staff just delete those (as do the staff in many companies)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭skinny90

Why would you bother contacting Consumer rights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Xterminator

ive experienced frustrating customer service from sports direct when i had a faulty item, but they did the right thing when i persisted. i can confirm customer service is not good with SD.

ive used them approx. 10 times so i am a semi regular. usually get the order right. delivery come when it feels like it. thats my experience.

if i were in your shoes i would have stuck with customer service, over email until issue was resolved then decided if it warrants contacting another body or making a formal complaint. A formal complaint might have more impact than reaching out to CRI.

Advertisement