Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a property to rent out

Options
  • 18-02-2023 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I wanted to get advice on an idea I had to see if people think it’s a good or bad idea?!

so I have built up 30,000 in savings. I rent an apartment but can’t afford a mortgage for my family with my salary. I was thinking I could buy a small 1 bed apartment somewhere where the houses are cheaper and rent it out. That way it could be a good investment without letting my savings dwindle away with inflation. The tenants would then pay my mortgage. Or am I missing something? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

I really think you need to keep the money to get a place to live. First own mortage and then an investment mortage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Read all the threads here on rental property and you will soon change your mind. A one bed in a dodgy are is a complete disaster.

Advertisement