Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New calf shed

• 19-02-2023 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

Sick of my current calf shed set up as it requires a lot of donkey work cleaning out as the roof is too low and tractor won't go in.

Looking at an a roof 63ft x 40ft shed. Pens going the middle either side and a passage way in the middle to drive down with a straw blower and be able to bed. I'm thinking of having two double sliding doors on both 40ft sides so that I can drive in one way go out the other way turn around and come back.

Will going 16ft to the revs matter much to the calves? This would allow me stack straw if I wanted 4 bales high in the harvest time. This straw will then be moved to an indoor silage pit in December when the silage is normally gone out of it.

I'm thinking of vented sheeting at the sides or is this too draughty for calves.

Please critique this idea and the suitability for calves.

Comments

Advertisement