Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV Dome Cameras all dying

Options
  • 19-02-2023 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all. I feel

I may already know the answer to my post... Bought a house 7yrs ago that had 5 external dome cameras. Bought a dvr and connected them up and they worked fine for years. Since January they have all but one gone blank. I'm guessing they are just at end of life? What can I check before getting new ones. Would I be better getting installed by a company or would it be a case of just replacing each camera?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Andrew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭StreetLight

It's a little strange that four cameras would fail in such a short space of time. Try rebooting the DVR to see if it makes any difference.

Can you also swap the feed from Camera 3 to the input for Camera 1, for example and see if it still works?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Homer

Could be power supply issue also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

If they are not IP cameras then it sounds like a power supply issue. Chances are that all cameras are fed from the one PSU

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Alangers

Thanks for the advise... Working long days the next few days so will get to it later in the week. 🙈.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Alangers

All Sorted. Found the power sources and 2 were dead and also one connection was broken so recrimped it... Thank you all for the possible diagnosis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Robinlazar112
    Robin

I think it power supply issue

Advertisement