Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for disability forms to fill out?

Options
  • 19-02-2023 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi,

I have a little girl who is 2 years and 1 month old. I was concerned about her language development and the possibility of Autism a few months back as I was seeing some behaviours and lack of behaviours that you would expect. Since then, we had her sent to an audiologist, and everything was fine there. The audiologist was also a SLT and they offered to take her on. We would bring her to the SLT once a month, or so, and they gave us suggestions on how to help develop her language. We also brought her to an OT and we had a block of 6 weekly sessions. All the therapies are on a break now for a while and she has come on a bit but I still have concerns.

OT has said she is sensory seeking (proprioceptive and I think maybe vestibular). I think there may be visual sensory seeking as the repetitively sits at a mirror and looks at herself making gestures.

SLT said that some American body of speech therapists has pushed speech delay milestones back due to the effect of covid on language development. In anycase, she's gotten more words probably about 70 now but can be hit or miss using them. Doesn't respond a lot of the time to her name. Eye contact is best when singing a familiar song. I was in the supermarket the other day and typical enough for her, my colleague was doing the usual cooing over a child and my daughter didn't engage or make eye contact.

As she is two years old now I'm trying to figure out what forms to fill out. I have about 9 forms here and am at a loss.

Do I need an 'Assessment of Need'? I have two forms for that.

I have forms here for the children's disability network team. I think I'd be looking for 'Primary care Services' as opposed to 'Children's disability services'. What exactly is their definition of complex needs. Maybe there is comorbidity. For the primary care services can you tick more than one discipline such as SLT, OT, and Psychology or does that warrant ticking the Childrens disability services.

Do I fill out the AON and the forms for 'Primary Care Services'? Also can I refer myself or do I need to get PHN or someone else to refer for me for either the primary care or AON?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Advertisement