Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seetek prg after 2 mths on Benefit+nochildcare

Options
  • 20-02-2023 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there, I would love if nyone could give me any advice or what to do..

Finished my maternity leave in Sept, 1st baby. I got the unemployment approved (Social Benefit, 1st time unemployed).

Then the letter from seetek to start interviews in December.

1st thing I said : my baby still on waitng list at the crèche.

I Already went 3 times.

What am I supposed to do with the baby?

Even the staff from citizens was surprised they called me for the seetek program being in social benefit just 2 months.

I know people who's been way longer unemployed and no one contact them.. So I wonder if its because I am not irish?

Comments

It has nothing to do with not being Irish.

If you finished maternity leave in September, you child must be almost a year old now?

Sorry to be blunt, but your childcare issues are not the responsibility of the State to resolve. If a creche won't take your child, find a childminder in their own home.

A qualifying condition of a jobseekers payment is that you are available for, and seeking work. You get approx 8 weeks grace from this condition, after a birth.

If you tell them you cannot work due to not having childcare, you are effectively disqualifying yourself as you are not available to work. It is mentioned in the operational guidelines.

The following are some of the circumstances where a person may be considered NOT to be available for work:

h) s/he is placing unreasonable restrictions on his/her ability to take up work due to domestic commitments, for example, caring for an elderly/sick relative or young children. If the person can show that s/he has made alternative domestic arrangements then s/he may be considered to be available for work.

You are not being discriminated against. These conditions apply to all claimants of the relevant payments, irrespective of their nationality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Hi

Everyone who applies for Jobseekers PARTICULARLY in a particular age group irregardless of nationality is being called to Seetec Turas Nua because there is a shortage of staff causing a crises in retail and hospitality in particular. There are lots of jobs.

The fact that you are having childcare issues means that you’re probably not entitled to jobseekers as you’re not really available for work.

What are you circumstances? Are you parenting alone? Do you have a partner? Are they working or on SW? Are they in a low paid job? Working only part time?

There are other payments you may be entitled to INSTEAD of jobseekers.

Advertisement