Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aqualisa aquastyle plus electric shower question

Options
  • 20-02-2023 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

We have an aqualisa aquastyle plus shower which is no longer working - goes hot and cold and is very noisy. We would like to replace but ideally with minimum disruption. I would appreciate advice from someone who would know if Triton or Mira are compatible with the pipework/electrics of our existing shower?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭John.G

If this is a mains water supplied shower then the Triton T80 Fast Fit (9kw) should be a good choice as you can feed the water and electrical supplies almost any direction, see below. If its tank fed from the attic then the T90SR might do but not sure how versatile the water/elec connections are.

Here's the T90SR (pumped).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bocow

Thank you. I'd imagine its mains supplied but I'm not 100% sure and I'm not a plumber so need to get someone to check it out.

But this is really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I don't believe this model came in a pumped electric. If it doesn't have a pump then what is making the noise? Is it a kettle boiling sound, particularly noticeable just as you turn it off?

If main fed then you can choose just about any shower you want, except for the triton t90sr & Mira elite se as these are pumped electric

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bocow

It sounds more like an aeroplane and its constant, not just at turning on or off. Its so loud its heard all over the house. But the temp of the water is also not constant so we would prefer to replace as its so old. The water goes hot and cold.

I think your right that its not a pumped electric. However, I know we could change to any shower but we would rather not have to replace all the pipework behind the tiles which is why I was asking what showers are compatible with the pipework and electrics to minimise the redecoration.

thanks

Advertisement