Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prosthodontist Query-Teenage son broke front tooth-bonding or crown?

Options
  • 20-02-2023 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello there,

I hope you are all well. My son broke his front tooth in a fall when he was about 10. He is 15 now and almost finished with his train track braces. He has at the moment bonding done to his tooth (think this is the right term, we used to call it a cap back in the day :-) ) but it has fallen off a few times (twice before braces, once during), not at all because of the quality of the work, more it's at an awkward position being a fair bit off one corner. I was just wondering what age would you look at something more permanent like a crown/veneer for him? Should I get it done once he has the braces off, or stick with the bonding until he's a bit older? Thanks so much, and appreciate any advice at all,

All the very best!

Post edited by Scarlett2013 on

Advertisement