Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hit and Run in Killarney

• 20-02-2023 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

I thought that this might be the best forum for this questions. Apologies if not.

On Saturday night my car was crashed into while parked at a hotel in Killarney. No note was left and there was no CCTV from the hotel.

I haven called the guards and haven't heard anything from them since. How long typically does it take for them to follow up or is there anything they can do?

I assume I will have to pay for the damage myself? It's a slight dent with no paint damage so shouldn't be more than a few hundred euro

Post edited by Ciarrai76 on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

This is more of an insurance query so will move to a more suitable forum. MOD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭cml387

There's not much anyone can do if there are no witnesses and no CCTV. What are you expecting the Gardai to do?

I'm afraid it's one of those unfortunate things. If it's a small dent as you say it's definitely not an insurance job either.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Yeah it's on you I'm afraid OP.

Try PDR to fix the dent.

Advertisement