Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Breakdown after BMW recall work

• 20-02-2023 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

I have a late model 2014 320d

F30 Efficiency Dynamic business model Diesel - Manual - around 127,000 miles on clock - push button start.

I received a notice mid 2022 that there was a recall for EGR issue. BMW dealership had a space in Feb 2023 to do the recall work. ( 8 months later )

I dropped the car in on a Thursday morning and collected Friday morning.

*Known issue dropping off was parking bulb gone and two back tyres due for replacement.

On Saturday afternoon the car wouldn’t start up , turning over then smoke from engine and smell of burning, warning on dash to say ‘battery disconnected - no power’. (2 days after recall work )

I called BMW Monday morning, they towed it back to garage . Garage came back saying the starter is gone and might need a new battery.

I’m putting it out there to people in the know , would the starter go that quick , without any prior issue ?

If the starter is gone , would it be normal to go in this type of car and also would the EGR cooler issue cause issues with starter motor ?

Over heating engine? Over heating motor or connected components?

BMW garage will more than likely charge me a bomb so I’d like to know if this is a fault of manufacturer or normal wear issue ?

I don’t drive car very much , 100km’s in 7 days .. max

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭zg3409

Get it to an independent garage and get a second opinion.

Advertisement