Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career advice needed!

Options
  • 20-02-2023 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all, stuck in a bit of a rut atm regarding career direction.

Have already met with some career guidance councillors and while the advice made sense then it has since become slightly unachievable due to cost of college, accommodation etc (full time courses mentioned were 4, 5 and 7 years in length) and even then I'm not as keen on what was recommended. I think 2 years full time would be the most I could afford to invest in a new career direction but even then I'm stuck as to what to apply myself to.

Some other options I've been looking at were secondary teaching, real estate/property surveyor, accounting, and pretty stumped after that! I like the idea of having a skill (accounting for example) and it being accredited.

I've experience in consulting and sales and pretty much open to any recommendations (careers or college courses)

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by Ferrell on

Advertisement