Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Most reliable used car for around €10k mark?

Options
  • 20-02-2023 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Only have experience with German brands like VW Golf, Audi and Skoda but happy to check out other reputable brands.

Preferably a diesel as will be doing some motorway miles.

I've been searching for cars from 2012 and younger and ideally less than 200,000km with a longish NCT.

What would you recommend looking at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭billyhead

Toyota Auris.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

These are very good, only thing is they’re not very big in the back seats.

Because people don’t know how good they are, you can get a 2016 within budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

I agree, but if you need more room in back, find a Renault Fluence, as same car with longer wheelbase, go for DCI 110 as better engine too, make sure service history is good,

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Big miles on that white one though. Relative picked up same spec with half the mileage for same money last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Just an example for the OP

bulletproof cars only tiny issue is the window regulators but that’s a reasonably cheap fix when they go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

Do they not suffer from all the usual expensive diesel problems?

dpf?

Flywheel?

Egr?

Injectors?

Turbo?

All good?

Anything else to look out for?

Would they be suitable for low mileage around town?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭chicorytip

A Nissan Juke 1.5 dci. 2011 -13. €7- 8000.

Those items aren’t a given that they’ll give trouble, but no, they’re not especially an issue on them.

Using any diesel just for low mileage around town is pretty pointless and could lead to issues though.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭arsebiscuits82

We have a 2013 megane scenic. As much as I dislike the interior (can never get a good driving position for me), and hate the heavy steering. The car has been pretty much bulletproof. We have it coming on 5 years, there's 185km on the clock, and does all the kid dropping etc as well as being a commuter car for the wife.

The only thing we had to replace was the wiper regulators, bought through a dismantler who fitted them for €250 each I think it was. Dealer/garage was crazy money. Also replaced the battery but did that myself.

We said we'd drive it until it stops, and it's not showing any sign of it yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement