Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant fertiliser

Options
  • 20-02-2023 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi, can anyone recommend good places to buy plant fertiliser online or instore?

Here in ireland it seems to me to be very difficult to find the products I want.

I have alot of perennials and young plants in my greenhouse atm.

Liquid feeds in something like 10-10-10 or granular fertiliser in 10kg bags I'm looking for atm.

I love osmocote but can't seem to find anything other than the little bag of 25 tabs.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭FazyLucker

I always find a trip to Woodies or failing that a trip to the local garden centre is your only man.

Woodies tend to have a wide range of all sorts of fertilisers and manure and liquid feeds.

The garden centres tend to be great for advice about various products or where to source what you need.

I'm sorry I can't offer any better advice but the above has always worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I'd think for 10k bags a farmers' co-op would be a better bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ttnov77

go organic, the chemical ferts cause more damage than good. Try https://www.growitbio.com/organic-plant-feeds

I thought that but could you get 10-10-10 or is the stuff for farmers not 10-10-20?

Agree, that is why I suggested the garden centre as they can often tell what is equally good organic material for what you want to achieve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Trouble is when you look at the actual amount of fertilizer in many of the organic feeds the numbers are so small that you need loads to get the same effect as you would with a small amount of 10-10-10.

Thinking along those lines OP use Growmore its 7-7-7 so just use a bit more of it - https://www.thegardenshop.ie/growmore/

Edit> Sorry you said 10Kg so thats easy enough, Woodies, B&Q, Glambia etc all sell the 10Kg tubs of Growmore.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement