Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re. Siro installation

Options
  • 20-02-2023 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I hope this question isn't too dumb so here goes.

I've been a Sky broadband customer for several years and have been happy with the fibre connection. Now I'm told that this service is outdated and will be terminated in the coming year. Instead, they're offering Siro. Last year I turned down an upgrade to Siro on the day because there was no way it could be installed in the house without making a mess. Even the engineer who arrived on the day agreed that it would be a tricky installation. So in short, I do not want Siro.

The Sky rep told me that all the other providers are going the Siro route. Is this true? I'm going to have to consider my options here. Virgin is in the area and I was a customer of theirs previously. Maybe they're now the only game in town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

They are all going towards fibre to replace the copper network but copper is still in use in much of the country. I’d ring them and try explain the installer had already said it was not possible to install and that you are happy to stay with copper for another while.

Virgin do use their own infrastructure so if you have virgin cabling then you can get service from them if you so wish.

Advertisement